Sunday, September 29, 2013

Castles, Gargoyles and Such

Part of the fun of going on a trip and keeping a watercolor journal, is the excitement of finding new things to paint and and record in colorful ways.  We have seen castles, Chateau towers, gargoyles, river barges, and met some lovely people.  I did the exact same river trip down the canal DU Midi with my parents 30 years ago. Here is the only photo I have of that fun time.  To bad I was not an artist back then as it would be fun to see what I would have put in my journal.

here are a few pages from my journal that I have been working on during this trip.

if you are interested in joining me and doing a watercolor European style Journal, my next trip is to Orvieto, Italy. space is limited as there are just a few spots left for this fantastic watercolor trip.  - September 7-13,2014. we have a great group sign up!


2 comments:

Hannah at The Lemon Hive said...

I love Orvieto. It's amazing. The history is so rich, i can't even believe that it's is unknown by so many people. I hope you have a fantastic time.

I love your journal style and look forward to seeing more.

Hannah
Www.thelemonhive.com

Jacqueline said...

Thanks Hannah! It is probably a good thing that it is not overrun with tourist and still maintains its charm.