Sunday, September 27, 2015
Sunday, September 13, 2015
I am always looking for fun, unique ways to add to my watercolor art journals. While I travel, I always pick up brochures, free maps, coasters, wine labels... Then I add them to my journal pages. I also paint little paintings of what I see along my journey. These all create a lasting memory more precious than any photo album.
Try these ideas!
· Doodle or create Zentangles.
· Connect your writing and glued items with lines, dots and squiggles.
· Collect and add business cards, tickets, postages stamps, cut out words and photos from brochures, wine labels, paper money and postcards from your travels.
Tuesday, September 1, 2015
Here are some more ideas for how to add interest, color and creativity to your watercolor art journal. These are some of the things that I will do to the back of the page in my journal.
· Pre-paint with a light watercolor wash of cobalt blue, permanent rose and transparent
yellow watercolor paints for a colorful journaling background.
· Journal your thoughts and about the area you are visiting. Be sure to include the date.
· Journal about the area, weather, new friends and events.
· Using an archival glue stick or matte medium, glue collected vacation ephemera to your journal pages. Overlap and connect object.
· Paint the page with black gesso before adding things. Use white gel pens on this page.
Paint a collection - here I did a study of barns and buildings