Here are some more ideas for how to add interest, color and creativity to your watercolor art journal. These are some of the things that I will do to the back of the page in my journal.
· Pre-paint with a light watercolor wash of cobalt blue, permanent rose and transparent
yellow watercolor paints for a colorful journaling background.
· Journal your thoughts and about the area you are visiting. Be sure to include the date.
· Journal about the area, weather, new friends and events.
· Using an archival glue stick or matte medium, glue collected vacation ephemera to your journal pages. Overlap and connect object.
· Paint the page with black gesso before adding things. Use white gel pens on this page.
Paint a collection - here I did a study of barns and buildings