Laure Ferlita, on her Painted Thoughts Blog, honored me and surprised me with the "Stylish Blogger Award!" Laure lives in Florida and is a very talented watercolor artiest and enjoys sharing her knowledge on her blog as well as with her imaginary watercolor trips (painting classes online). Please stop by and check her out. Thank you, Laure!
As you may or may not know, (I didn't know) these awards always come with a "to-do" list and this one includes linking back to the giver, listing 7 things you don't know about me and passing the award on to others.
Here are 7 things you don't know about me (do you really care? I am going to pretend you do).
- I love salt! I am a salt snob. My dining table has little bowls of red, black, green salts from around the world. Some are Hawaiian volcanic salts, some are colored with bamboo leaf extracts. But my favorite salt is the French, Fleur de sel, which is the hand harvested "flower" of the salt crystal.
- I planned a watercolor painting trip in 2009 to Provence, France and it was a wonderful trip. Everyone loved the hotel, the painting, the wine, the camaraderie.... The worse thing that happened, happened to me. My purse was stolen with lots of money, my passport, my credit cards and basically any way of paying for all the things I was responsible for as well as all my identity. This happened the day the students arrived!
- I was almost kidnapped when living in Greece in the early 1960s. While playing outside, a man drove up on a motorcycle and offered me a ride. I really wanted to go! I told him that I had to go ask my mom and when she came out he was gone.
- I never took an art class until I was in my 30s.
- My first art class was a watercolor class. I just wanted to paint. If I had known you had to draw something first, I never would have taken that class.
- I was born in Japan.
- My husband doesn't know I blog.
Well enough about me! Here is the exciting part. I am passing this award to the following wonderful blogs:
A wonderful and noble blog about return vintage photos to their families
Stunning and inspiring watercolor journals
Everything Provence! Beautiful and full of interesting information about Provence
Beautiful art, beautiful blog
A great writer, fun to read, and she has a Jack Russell
Amazing drawings, great journals
Art journaling to the max! Full of energy and excitement. She makes fabulous letter stamps too.
Very painterly watercolors, fun read
Great examples of watercolor journals and fun drawings
To recipients of the Stylish Blogger Award:
1. add the award picture to your blog
2. thank and link back to the person who awarded it to you
3. share seven (7) things about yourself
4. pass this award up to 15 other creative bloggers