Thursday, March 31, 2011

What a great week (or was it 2) - Join me for Bend's Art Hop, April 1, 2011 (NO FOOLING)

Well I have had a busy week!  First, I was at an art retreat in the Columbia River Gorge - Menucha.  Complete with bunk rooms, home cooking and art instruction from 9 a.m. until bedtime.  Everything was fabulous!  The (way too much) food, the art teachers and especially my roomies, Sydney and Bernice from Portland, Oregon were all more than I had ever expected.  I loved getting to know my roomies!  The fist night I was a bit worried when I came into my room and they were already snuggled up in their beds, lights off.  The next night they did stay up a little later and we chatted into the night comparing art journaling ideas. 

Then I came home to a flurry of activity getting ready to the the Red Chair Gallery's Featured Artist for the month of April.  I was a tad stressed that everything (paintings and jewelry) had to be in by Sunday, March 27th.  But then, you know, when I dropped everything off and helped organized and went home on Sunday, I felt a huge relief and have had a great week not worrying about my show. 

Lavender Fields

9 comments:

Painting Tips and Tricks said...

This is such a great site! I like the way you set this up! Great content! Thanks for sharing this!...Daniel

Laure Ferlita said...

LOVE those wonderful purples and pinks and blues in the sketch! Sounds like a marvelous week. Good luck with your show!

Laure Ferlita said...

P.S. Love the updates to the blog!

Claire M said...

This is a gorgeous painting! I love all the intense colors!!

Timaree said...

What a pretty painting! So much color is terrific. Sounds like you had fun at the retreat and I hope your show goes well.

Jacqueline said...

Thank you so much Daniel and thanks for visiting. Laure, the show was exhausting but fun! I'll post a photo of my wall. Thank you Claire and Freebird!!!

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

This is a beautiful painting. I love the lavender fields.

Sydney said...

How fun to check you site after a busy week and see all of your entries - including the one about Menucha:-) I love reading about your ideas for getting ready for your trip and all the wonderful art adventures you are and will be having. Enjoy!

Sydney said...

Loved your quick sketches to check out your colors for your trip - I'll be trying it out too - Thanks!