Friday, June 8, 2012

Watercolor Traveling Kit

My Favorite Traveling Palette
I am thrilled to announce my partnership with Daniel Smith Art Supplies.  They have just launched my new Watercolor Traveling Kit that I designed for the traveling artist but it is perfect for people who are new to watercolor painting as well or for those who want to fill out their color palette.   This kit has it all (just add a pencil!).  I picked 12 colors, one for every color on the color wheel, my favorite folding palette, several brushes, a zippered case and an Arches watercolor journal. This would be the perfect companion to go with with my new DVD, Art Journals.  You will be able to create beautiful, colorful paintings with the colors I chose!


12 Colors - One for every color on the color wheel
Not only do you get a fabulous discount, this kit comes with free shipping!  NOTE: If you want to add more supplies and still get free shipping, you will need to call in your order and not order it online.

I would love to hear what you think about this kit.  Leave me a comment!

A zippered case (color to be determined) and an Arches watercolor journal
  • DANIEL SMITH Watercolor French Ultramarine 15ml
  • DANIEL SMITH Watercolor Lemon Yellow 15ml
  • DANIEL SMITH Watercolor New Gamboge 15ml
  • DANIEL SMITH Watercolor Permanent Orange 15ml
  • DANIEL SMITH Watercolor Phthalo Green Yellow Shade 15ml
  • DANIEL SMITH Watercolor Phthalo Turquoise 15ml
  • DANIEL SMITH Watercolor Phthalo Yellow Green 15ml
  • DANIEL SMITH Watercolor Permanent Red 15ml
  • DANIEL SMITH Watercolor Quinacridone Burnt Orange 15ml
  • DANIEL SMITH Watercolor Quinacridone Violet 15ml
  • DANIEL SMITH Watercolor Ultramarine Violet 15ml
  • DANIEL SMITH Watercolor Cerulean Blue 15ml
  • Arches® Watercolor Book 140lb, 10in x 7in
  • Heritage Artist Palette, 18 color wells
  • Kneaded Eraser, 1.25in x .75in
  • Monaco Deluxe Short Handle Brush Travel Case
  • DANIEL SMITH Platinum Series 24-2 Wash/Flat 1/2
  • DANIEL SMITH Platinum Series 24-3 Round 8

10 comments:

Ruth Armitage said...

What a beautiful set!

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

It looks great. I am going to go check it out.

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

Looks great!!

Timaree said...

It's interesting to see what teachers choose for sets. There are always colors needing to be mixed and I notice in your case it's browns and grays. I haven't tried most of these colors so don't know how they'd do. If I didn't already have a palette (from my classes with Laure) I'd probably give it a try as there is nothing more confusing to a newby than trying to pick colors out of the vast range available. That you have some brushes and the palette to go with the colors is super. It's so much easier for students to pick up a kit.

Jacqueline said...

Thanks everyone for your comments and thoughts. It is difficult to come up with a set of colors and say "This is it!". Tomorrow there may be another must-have color that arrives on the scene. But for a basic starter set, I thought it wise to have a variety from around the color wheel.
Timaree, just use this list as reference and when you want to add more colors to your palette, you may want to try a few of these. They are also available through other brands and I can help you decipher the name changes if you want. Have a color-filled day!

Damiane Lucas said...

Thanks, Jacqueline, for this great watercolor set. I am VERY new to watercoloring. After buying your DVD, I am inspired to start my own. I don't have any drawing skills, but I am motivated to start anyway. Thanks for this kit. I will buy one!

Jacqueline said...

Damiane that is wonderful! You are off on a colorful new journey. May I suggest that when you squeeze your colors into your new palette, you do so in order of the colors on the color wheel. Feel free to email me if you need more information. By the way, I will be offering an online video class about color but this will not be available until next year. Stay in touch!

Jeanne D said...

I got the kit today and the colors are wonderful. They sent me the larger zipper case, though, which is WAY too big. I'll have to use it for something else. But the other treasures are terrific, I've gotten off to a very satisfying start, and my daughter is so intrigued she's starting a journal as well. We are busy laying down washes and making little boxes with artists tape so we are ready for our trip! Thanks, Jacqueline, for such a great idea and for all the very practical and encouraging lessons;-)
Jeanne D

Jeanne D said...

I got the kit today and the colors are wonderful. They sent me the larger zipper case, though, which is WAY too big. I'll have to use it for something else. But the other treasures are terrific, I've gotten off to a very satisfying start, and my daughter is so intrigued she's starting a journal as well. We are busy laying down washes and making little boxes with artists tape so we are ready for our trip! Thanks, Jacqueline, for such a great idea and for all the very practical and encouraging lessons;-)
Jeanne D

Jacqueline said...

Jeanne, Please contact Daniel Smith and tell them they sent the wrong case! Hopefully they will exchange it as it is listed as the "short-handled brush case". Ask them to exchange it. Let me know what happens!