Wednesday, April 5, 2017

It's My Turn! Blog Hop #7

So exciting! This year I am offering a mix of subjects dear and near to my heart!  Did you know that before I became an artist, I went to college to get a degree in Botany?  Yes, I am a naturalist, botanist, bird watcher, wildlife gardener, flora and fauna expert!  Now I am so thrilled to offer you a mix of my two loves:  watercolor and nature!  This year for the 2017 Artful Gathering Online Art Retreat I am teaching a workshop - A NATURALIST'S WATERCOLOR JOURNAL.  
 

Session Two: July 16  -  August 26, 2017
Dive into the colorful world of nature with Jacqueline Newbold.  She will guide you step-by-step as you explore various ways to use watercolor paints and mixed-media to create a naturalist art journal.  Keeping a journal of your field notes, drawings, and paintings of the natural world will enrich your experiences with nature and help develop your skills as an artistic naturalist. 
Jacqueline shows how to capture the essence of the wonderful world of feathered and furry creatures with simplified, easy drawing methods, colorful painting techniques, and creative mixed-media embellishments.  This is great workshop for beginner to advance painters that want to improve their painting skills.
SNEAK PEEK  - one of our journal pages
Check out the Artful Gathering catalog to see all the class offerings.

And now for the secret word......   drum roll please........




Helpful sites for Artful Gathering

1 comment:

Pj said...

I am so excited about your Artful Gatherings class, Jacqueline! I love birds and feathers and such and look forward to seeing what you have to teach me. It will be fun to do something different this year! Looking forward to your class, Paula