Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Yellow

Starting with the color yellow, I took a look at all the tubes of paint I own.  I have a lot of tubes of paint!!!
I want a well rounded representation from cool yellows to warmer yellows.  To best see the colors, I painted little samples on watercolor paper.  Then I organized them according to the color wheel.

I always check the information that is available on the tubes of paint.  Paint manufacturers often switch out pigments but maintain the same name of the color.  Here is an example:

This is an example of Sennelier's Indian Yellow.  The older tube on the left is made up of PY153.  The newer tube on the right is made up of PY 154, and PY 153.  They do look different!


1 comment:

Keitha said...

Swatching my paints by colour is on my To Do list. Would love to see your paints all swatched out on paper.