Sunday, September 26, 2010

It was a Beautiful Day, A Peek inside my Watercolor Journal

My brother, sister-in-law, friend and I were exploring the little hilltop villages of Provence, France last September.  We stopped in the town of Segûret.  The sun was shining, the ochre-colored walls were glowing and the shadows were filled with colorful light.  Every little corner was a painting waiting to happen.  Here is my journal painting of Segûret.  The design on the wall is a note about the ripe, delicious figs that I would find lying on the ground.  We don’t get figs like this in Oregon.  Have you ever had the chance to pick figs ripe off of the tree?
Strolling on a Sunny Day

2 comments:

Laure Ferlita said...

Looks like a warm, sunny day!

I'm not much of a fig eater under any conditions, so I can't say as I've ever picked them right off the tree.

Deirdra Doan said...

So pretty...look forward to seeing you again.