Thursday, May 10, 2012

Meet the Instructors Blog Celebration Weekend - CREATE Mixed Media Retreat

Goodie Bags!
I am so excited to be one of the instructors at the CREATE Mixed-Media Art Retreat in Irvine, CA. May 30 - June 3, 2012.  One of my favorite things that I do when I get ready to teach my Watercolor Classes is to put together watercolor goody bags for each student.  They are filled with art prompts and useful items for creating art.  The Paintings-on-the-Go for the Traveling Artist class goodie bags will have my very favorite water-soluble pen.  I will be teaching many of the techniques that are covered in my just released DVD a Cloth, Paper, Scissors Workshop:  Art Journals On-The-Go: How to pack, prep, paint and more.  
Rainbow Studies
For the PhotoPaintings: a Slice of Life class, I am bringing some fun, French color photos & postcards The Flips,Flaps,and Fold-Outs class goodie bag if full of texture makers and my favorite mini-spritzer.  The Rainbow Studies class goodie bag will have some new exciting colors to try!  There are still a few spots available if you would like to sign up!   Check the page link at the top of my blog for more information about each class.

Flip, Flaps and Fold-out Class, CREATE, Chicago, 2011

Slice of Life, Provence, France Watercolor Workshop
Paintings on-the-go for the Traveling Artist
Paintings on-the-go for the Traveling Artist, Provence, France

Thank you Jenn to all your wonderful support.  The line up of art instructors is amazing - you are sure to find a class or two that will spark your artistic journey!

The Create Mixed Media Retreat’s Meet the Instructors Blog Celebration Weekend:
And Cloth Paper Scissors Editor Jenn Mason!



6 comments:

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

Everything looks wonderful here. Wish I lived closer. I love how that one journal page is done with the writing around the edges. I really need to get some better paper to paint on next time I start a journal.

Jacqueline said...

Hi Cris, thank you! I worked all night on this new look. I should be able to get to the post office today!

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

I just got my mail and the 'Art journals on the go' DVD came and I am so excited.. Thank you sooooo much. As soon as I get some time tonight I will watch it. It looks wonderful. I will post it on my blog for Friday too. Thanks again!!!!!

Jacqueline said...

Yea Chris! I hope you enjoy it!

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

Jacqueline, I just got thru watching it and it IS wonderful. Even my husband was glued to it. I like how I can go back to certain sections and view them again without going thru the whole thing. I got so many ideas and will be going back again and again. I Will need to find out how to put in a good word for Cloth paper Scissor. Where do I go to do so? Oh and one thing.. you might have said in the video, but there was so much to take in in the first go thru, but what weight paper do you use mostly? Thanks again. Loved it!

Jacqueline said...

Thank you Chris! I forgot to answer your question. I use Arches 140 natural white paper and love it. It takes a beating meaning I can wash off parts that don't work and have even taken whole paintings to the sink!