Thursday, March 21, 2013

Watercolor Travel Kit or Beginners Kit

I put together a watercolor travel kit in collaboration with Daniel Smith Art Supplies.  It is called the Daniel Smith Extra Fine Jacqueline Newbold Watercolor Travel Kit.  It would also serve as a great kit for beginning watercolor artists.  It is also a great checklist for those of you who have your own supplies and want to see what is needed for painting-on-the-go!
Included in the kit are 12 tubes of Daniel Smith Extra Fine Watercolors.  I picked each one out because they match a color on the color wheel.

You will also get a very nice spiral bound Arches Watercolor Travel Journal with 140 lb watercolor paper in it and my favorite travel palette!  You will get 2 brushes, a kneaded eraser and a zippered case to carry your brushes and extra things.  All you will need to complete this travel kit would be a pencil and water.  If you bought everything separately, it would cost you $63 more.  
This kit is the what I used while doing the demonstrations on my DVD:  Art Journals: On-the-Go!

Here is the list of the colors that are included in the kit:
 Lemon Yellow
Phthalo Green Yellow Shade
Phthalo Yellow Green
Phthalo Turquoise
Cerulean Blue
French Ultramarine
Carbazole Violet
Quinacridone Violet
Permanent Red
Permanent Orange
Quinacridone Burnt Orange
New Gamboge
MY OTHER FAVORITE PAINTS AND ART SUPPLIES (NOT INCLUDED IN THE KIT):
Rich Green Gold
Cobalt Blue Teal
Cobalt Blue
Phthalo Blue, Red Shade
Permanent Rose
Quinacridone Gold
Glaze Pen, Black
Various Color Markers
Paper-mate Flair pen
Spray Bottle


7 comments:

Celeste said...

I received my kit this week and love it. Thanks for putting this together. The materials are high quality. I love the paints and the Arches watercolor book. It's a wonderful bargain too, would cost much more to buy separately. Thanks!

Jacqueline said...

Hi Celeste - thanks for letting me know! So glad you like it. They told me that it is $62 savings to buy as the kit. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for putting this kit together. I received mine a few days ago, and it is a wonderful selection. I especially love the palette.

I also have your DVD and have your book on order - I am so inspired by your travel journals. I was wondering if you could tell me more about the large plastic/zipper pouch you used for your supplies while travelling? There was a large, white/mesh looking one that looked particularly good for holding both your journal and supplies. Can you tell me who makes it?

Thanks for all of the information you have provided in your blog, video and articles. I really look forward to receiving my book!

Anonymous said...

I received your kit a few days ago and I am so happy with everything in it. What a great selection. Along with the selection of paints, I particularly love the palette and brush/supply case. Such a great kit!

I also own your DVD and have your book on order. I was wondering if you could provide information about the large mesh/plastic(?) zippered pouch you use for carrying your travel kit in the video. I really liked how it could hold and protect both your journal and your supplies. Can you possibly tell me who it's made by - or at least what the rough dimensions are so that I can search for something similar?

Thanks for all of the instruction and inspiration you provide in video, magazine and books ... I look forward to receiving and pouring over your book!

Anonymous said...

I received your kit a few days ago and I am so happy with everything in it. What a great selection. Along with the selection of paints, I particularly love the palette and brush/supply case. Such a great kit!

I also own your DVD and have your book on order. I was wondering if you could provide information about the large mesh/plastic(?) zippered pouch you use for carrying your travel kit in the video. I really liked how it could hold and protect both your journal and your supplies. Can you possibly tell me who it's made by - or at least what the rough dimensions are so that I can search for something similar?

Thanks for all of the instruction and inspiration you provide in video, magazine and books ... I look forward to receiving and pouring over your book!

Jacqueline said...

Thanks Cassi! Your book is in the mail and on its way. I am going to have to look up the bag you asked about and post the link later. I will get back to you on that.

Jacqueline said...

Cassi, I just posted about the zippered art bags - check out my latest blog post.