Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Painting in our Journals


Sharon's Poppies!

Kendra's Paintings-on-the-go!

The View from our painting spot under the wisteria at the Hotel du Soleil


Helen's water reflections

Sharon painted this in less than an hour!  What a colorful spontaneous feel to this field of poppies.
First day of our workshop!  The sun is shining and we walk to the Place Favier in St. Remy de Provence to paint on-site.  It is a lovely town square with dappled light and the fountain is trickling and sure enough the town drunk is here too.  He has stationed himself at his favorite park bench and his bottle of rose wine is more than half gone and it is 10:00 a.m.  He was here 1 1/2 years ago when I brought my other group to paint and so I warn my students that it is best to stay away from him because the little bit of English that he can utter is not very pleasant.  We, though, pass a very pleasant morning working on our paintings-on-the-go.  I had the students put a watercolor wash on their sketchbook page prior to venturing out, so that we were ready to sketch on top of that on location.

3 comments:

Deborah Lawrenson said...

Super - a lovely glimpse into your painting excursion. Hope the tarte aux pommes was good too!

Sydney said...

Thanks, Jacqueline, for my "French fix" of the day. Yes, it is getting very excited for my own adventure! I love reading about yours, I look forward to checking your blog each day - thanks so much for sharing!

Jacqueline said...

Thanks Deborah! Actually our tarte aux pommes was delicious!