Friday, March 30, 2012

Eco Camp in Patagonia, Chile


Long Tailed Meadow Lark

Our cute French guide, Sammy


A Page from my journal

Herds of Guanaco

Another page from my journal

We have spent the last four nights sleeping in some very awesome domes in the beautiful Patagonian landscape at the Torres National Park in southern Chile.  The focus here is definitely hiking and not painting.   I got some hiking in as well as some fabulous bird watching.  The scenery is beautiful and the weather has been windy, rainy & sunny depending on the moment in time.
It was time to practice what I love to do and that is to do some paintings-on-the-go for the traveling artist.  Creating watercolor travel journals is my favorite part of the journey.  My DVD Art Journals On-the-Go is due out soon and I will be covering lots of these techniques for creating paintings-on-the-go.  Stay tuned for more details!


2 comments:

Teri said...

The whole idea is just awesome! Beautiful paintings.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jacqueline, beautiful paintings! If you'd like to email us a watercolour of EcoCamp we'd love to post it on our site (with your details of course). You can send it to gemma@ecocamp.travel

Greetings from EcoCamp!