Saturday, January 11, 2014

Playing with Water-Soluble Pens

Those of you that have watched my DVD, know that I love to play with water-soluble pens.  I don't think that I can pass up a good looking pen.  I have so many that I really can't keep track of them.  I have been playing around with water-soluble pens for an article that will be in the 2014 summer issue of the PAGES magazine.  To organize my pens, I made examples of each one in my watercolor journal.  Do you have a pen you love?  What is your favorite pen to use in your journals?  How do you organize your pens?




4 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

What brand do you use? looking GOOD!!!

Jacqueline said...

Sue I have tried all sorts but my favorite is the Flair!

Unknown said...

i saw your article in pages and on one of your test drawings, it says "my french pen". what pen is that? i love the color and the way it blends! i don't think there's a brand called that! lol can you let me know what brand it is? any help would be appreciated. after reading that story, i went right out and bought some flair pens. i remember using those YEARS ago, in school. water-soluble pens and pencils are one of my favorite mediums. i just wanted to say that i love your work and always look for articles by you in all the somerset periodicals. thanks again for any info on the pen, if you can.

Jacqueline said...

Hi Melanie, thank you for the nice comment! I think you are talking about the Herbin pen. I bought it in France. It comes with different colors of ink cartridges. I found them at jetpens.com...http://www.jetpens.com/J.-Herbin-Refillable-Roller-Ball-Pen-Medium-Point/pd/9760