Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Houses and Hideaways - a Sketchbook Challenge

The sketchbook challenge is hosting a very exciting 21 day blog hop event to celebrate this months Houses and Hideaways theme!  
Welcome to my hideaway!  It is of course my studio that is located above our garage.  It is a great big room filled with light and color and was featured in the summer issue of Studios Magazine.

Follow along in this short video as I paint a field of sunflowers in my watercolor art journal.  Here is a list of the paints and supplies I use to paint this scene in my watercolor journal.  All of these supplies are included in my Daniel Smith Extra Fine Watercolor Jacqueline Newbold Travel Kit available for purchase at Daniel Smith Art Supplies.
  • Arches® Watercolor Book 140lb, 10in x 7in
  • DANIEL SMITH Watercolor New Gamboge 15ml
  • DANIEL SMITH Watercolor Permanent Red 15ml
  • DANIEL SMITH Watercolor Quinacridone Burnt Orange 15ml
  • DANIEL SMITH Watercolor Cerulean Blue 15ml
  • DANIEL SMITH Watercolor Phthalo Turquoise 15ml
  • DANIEL SMITH Platinum Series watercolor brush 24-3 Round 8

14 comments:

FLO_rancher said...

I know I need to get back to watercolors...you might be the person to give me that push..thank you Sew Peacefully

Rhonda said...

You have a talent that I have always admired and wished that I could do the same. Keep up the beautiful work!

Jacqueline said...

Hi Flo - I hope you do get back into watercolors!

Jacqueline said...

Thank you so much Rhonda. That is nice to hear.

FLO_rancher said...

Your studio is amazing so bright with natural light and space to stretch out...You do well moving the colors to where they seem to live peacefully.

Curlyq said...

Thank you for the wonderful video about watercolours---I have to tryagain.

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

Beautiful studio and your video and artwork are gorgeous:)

CC said...

Thank you for sharing that video! Bellisimo! As is your gorgeous studio! Beautiful work!

CC said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful video! Bellisimo! As is your studio & your art!

SKG said...

Wow - that was inspiring! What type of sketchbook is that?

Judith said...

Enjoy your video and it felt like fall with the sunflowers. Love it! Judith, Texas

M. Austen said...

I'm soooooo envious of your studio!! Loved your video!

M. Austen said...

I'm sooooooooooo envious of your studio! Loved your video!

Pj said...

FUN, FUN watching you paint the sunflower scene. I see that you paint the flowers using negative painting. I never realized that about your sunflowers. This was a good lesson--though very speedy! :) Love your paintings, Paula