Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Catching up in my Journal with Stencils

I have been finishing a few pages in my Provence journal that I started during my recent trip to France.  My friend, Pam Carriker's has a brand new line of art stencils and I took one with me to France to see how I could use it to enhance some of my journal pages.  Her stencils are quite fabulous and some of them deal with drawing faces.  We met for dinner not too long ago and had a wonderful time talking about art and sharing ideas.  She generously gave me one of her stencils that she knew I would love - the  Primary, Secondary, Tertiary Stencil.  I wanted to share some of my journal pages where I used her stencil.
Here you can see I used it behind the pitcher.



I used several stencils as the background for this page about Vaison-la-Romaine.  You can see where I used Pam's stencil on the lower left. 

I used Pam's stencil to make this color wheel painting.

We are both teaching with Artful Gathering Online Art Retreat.  The second session starts on July 16, 2013.  If you have ever been interested in drawing faces, you will love Pam's workshop, Still Pursuing Portraits.  My workshop, The Good, the Bad and the Beauty of Color is - well- you guessed it - all about color!  Be sure to check out all the creative and fun workshops available at Artful Gathering Online Art Retreat!

Finally here is the other side of the journal page - my painting from the day we spent at Vaison-la-Romaine....

No comments: